Thursday, March 11, 2010

Weight loss: hit my goal 90 pounds in 9 months.

Sorry I didn't blog sooner. I was busy with my trip to Haiti to do emergency medical mission ( I'm going back this next week). Well I hit my goal of 90 pounds in nine months and 1 day. I just could not hit it exactly on the nine month date February 12th(I am probably the only person to gain weight{1.5 pounds} on an emergency medical mission).

The final numbers:
  • went from 46 waist to 37 inch waist
  • 288 pounds to 198 pounds
  • BMI=35.2 to BMI=24.5
  • 2X-large shirt to large shirt
  • 2X-large scrubs to medium or large scrubs
  • Resting Blood Pressure= 128/88 to resting Blood Pressure 108/68
  • Resting Pulse= 91 to resting Pulse=58
  • recovery time after exercise for pulse rate 20 minutes to 2 minutes
  • maximum exercise pulse rate >140 to 118
The results on my daily life
  • I have stopped snoring (Margie likes this)
  • No more knee and back pain (it is not age related it is weight related).
  • Don't get short of breath with minimal exercise.
  • sit more comfortable in plane and movie theater seats.
  • Sleep much better without waking up or waking up early
  • fall asleep faster and deeper.
  • never hungry
  • no cravings
  • easy to transition to regular diet(to be blogged on later).
  • less padding when I sit down.
  • post exercise orthostatic hypotension (I get dizzy if I go from crouching to standing after exercise)
  • less cold tolerance.
  • I just feel GREAT
Thank you for all that have followed me. Here is my diet again:

With these rules you will have a 1200-1500 calorie diet without having to count calories. But it only works if you follow them. I'm down 74 pounds as of this morning, six months and two weeks into my program. Please let me know what you think.
  1. Eat as much fresh or lightly cooked/steamed (no oil or fat) fruits, vegetables and legumes as you want. I eat five to eight pounds everyday.
  2. Eliminate condiments (butter, ketchup, mayo, fat based) except vinegar, lemon juice, mustard and spices.
  3. NO!! fried foods.
  4. four ounces of meat or fish or three ounces cheese max twice a day.
  5. Cut down to close to none on all traditional white things, i.e. bread, potatoes, rice (all colors) and pasta. Limit it to two to four ounces a day.
  6. At a restaurant replace starch with second vegie or double vegies and either plan on splitting dinner with someone else or have wait staff split it in kitchen before bringing it to you and pack the second half to go.
  7. Eat fruit for dessert or at most take a single (moderate) fork full of someone else's dessert.
The extra rule is: Tell EVERYONE you are dieting to lose weight. This creates a social contract with all.

No comments:

Post a Comment